Can you believe it’s already August?! It feels like summer just began! While I’m still soaking up the sun, many are ramping up their back-to-school shopping. From new clothes to backpacks to college dorm decorations, there are so many boxes that need to be checked off as families prepare for the first day of school.
Did you know you can also help save animals while back-to-school shopping? There are a couple (very) easy steps you can take and shops you can buy from that give back to animal welfare and rescue organizations.
For us animal lovers, this is a win-win! You get all the supplies you need, while supporting the organizations that are making a difference in the lives of animals throughout the world.
Here are ways you can help save animals while back-to-school shopping – and any time of the year!
Shop through AmazonSmile
How to shop on AmazonSmile:
- Go to smile.amazon.com and log in using your Amazon account information
- On your first visit, you’ll select the charitable organization you’d like to receive the donations from your eligible purchases.*This step will need to be completed before you begin shopping.
That’s it! There are over one million 501(c)3 foundations to choose from, and you can change your charity at any time.
Shop through eBay for Charity
What is it and how it gives back: eBay for Charity “enables sellers to donate a portion of their sales and buyers to shop while supporting their favorite charities — all the while giving nonprofits an opportunity to engage new supporters.”
For back-to-school shoppers, you can specifically shop charity products for sale. So, you know a portion of your purchase will benefit a charity.
How to shop through eBay for Charity: There are a couple ways you can give back to a charity of your choosing when shopping through eBay for Charity –
- Look for items where the seller has “committed to donating all or part of the proceeds to a charity.” When you find an item you like, there will be a description / details about the charity and how much of the proceeds will be donated.
- Search for a specific charity you’d like the proceeds to go towards. You can then shop the items where sellers are specifically donating their proceeds towards your charity of choice.
Buy from Brands that Give Back
This is a bit more general – but there are so many brands that donate a portion of their proceeds to animal rescue and welfare organizations. Check out my previous blog post for some of my favorite clothing companies that give back to rescue.
As you’re back-to-school shopping, here are some brands to shop with that give back to animals:
- Fetch Eyewear – this brand is new to me, but I came across it in my searching and am intrigued! According to their website, “Fetch donates 100% of the net proceeds from your purchase to support animal welfare through rescue, veterinary care, low-cost spay and neuter, and education in partnership with The Pixie Project.”
- Pura Vida Bracelets – looking for some new jewelry to kick off the school year? Pura Vida sells super cute bracelets, and has an “animal awareness” line that gives back to animal welfare organizations. 10% of the proceeds are donated to organizations including Karma Cat Zen Dog Rescue, the Sea Turtle Conservancy and more.
What are your favorite companies that give back to animals? Leave a comment below!